RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course with DV Diving
This two-day entry level course provides the skills and background knowledge needed to drive a powerboat and is the basis of the International Certificate of Competence (ICC).
What You Learn
It focuses on low speed close quarters handling, man overboard recovery, an introduction to driving at planing speed, and collision regulations. The course can be taken inland or on the coast and your certificate will be endorsed accordingly.
- Preparation of boat and crew
- Launching & recovering,
- Boat Handling techniques & manoeuvres
- Starting & stopping, use of kill cord, steering controls, securing to a buoy, anchoring, leaving & coming alongside,
- Man overboard
- Theory & background
- Types of craft and engine, maintenance checks, IRPCS, weather forecasts, emergency action.
No previous knowledge or boat handling experience is needed:
- RYA Level 2 Powerboat - £350
- Group discounts may apply
- Own boat tuition available